Are you interested in an exciting and challenging role where your reports are used by management and external stakeholders? Apply now for the role as junior capital analyst with the Holdings team at the Aegon global head office in The Hague.
As a junior capital reporting analyst you are responsible for the capital reporting part of holdings. This entails gather, reporting and validate the excess cash position of Aegon N.V. and forecast and report the hedge position of Holdings. With this role you are working closely together with the treasury department and other departments within Aegon. It also contains to keep contact with the different country units within the Aegon organization.
Next to the area of capital reporting, you are also working on reporting and analyzing financial data on a quarterly basis for IFRS, Solvency II and Aegon Economic Framework.
The role contains both the reporting procedures (such as running interfaces, journalize dividends and capital injections, treasury related disclosures etc.) but also analysing the outcomes and ensure the data quality by completeness and correctness checks. Within a financial multinational we are continuously assessing Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and internal controls in our procedures.
Financial Development Program
This position is also part of the Financial Development Program. What is this program about? As a Young Professional, you start this program in September 2020. You switch to a new challenging role within one of our business units every two years, such as Corporate Center, Aegon Global or Asset Management. In addition to coaching at work, you get many opportunities for personal development.
This is your future position, because you:
As Junior Capital Analyst you are accurate and able to work in structured manner. You are able to work with tight deadlines and always look for opportunities to do the activities more efficient. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm and persuasiveness to get together things done.
- Academic Master degree with strong analytical skills with a maximum of 4 years of work experience.
- Available starting in September 2020.
- Have done extra-curricular activities.
- Have a Minimum grade point average 3,4 (out of 4) or a 7,5 (out of 10).
- Good knowledge of English language.
- Experienced Excel-user.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and reporting and consolidation techniques is a pre.
- General interest in different applications and be able to easy adapt new systems.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The department Holding, Treasury & Tax Control (HT&TC) is part of Group Finance. The primary objective of Group Finance is to provide the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board with meaningful (non-) financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc.) to support the board’s decision making process and reporting of external disclosures like press releases and the annual report.
To help to achieve this objective, the HT&TC department performs IFRS, Solvency II, MVN and capital information on a quarterly basis for the Holding entities, including the Treasury entities. Besides preparing the parent only version of the annual report of AEGON N.V., the team is responsible of preparing the statutory accounts of approximately 30 holding companies.
The department also provides the quarterly IFRS tax review to ensure the group is compliant with IAS 12 tax disclosures. The departments ensures timely filing of the Corporate Income Tax returns for the Dutch entities.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning a start salary between €2.800 and € €3.090 depending on your experience based on 38 hours a week.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development.
- A minimum of 27 holiday days.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses.
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products.
Are you that person who wants to be responsible for the capital reporting part of our holdings? Then make sure you apply immediately! Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call our Campus Recruiter Emily van der Werff via +31683041623 or send an email to Emily.email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website.